Father Constantineau was educated and ordained in Ottawa. Before his arrival at St. John's and St. Brigid's in 1891, he served as vicar or pastor in several parishes, including St. Catherine's in Metcalfe. He left in 1895 to serve in parishes in New York State. His final years were spent as chaplain to various institutions. He died in 1942 and is buried in Bourget, the parish he founded.
It is interesting to note that it was Father Constantineau, by his insistence, who forced the French Canadian Association of Education in Ontario to care for the Dionne Quintuplets.